Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Utilizing Dead Closet Space

Houses built in the 1890’s are not known for their spacious closets. Since we’re living in such a house, closet space is at a premium–particularly since we don’t have the luxury of a garage, shed, or china cabinet. When we first moved in, we only had one closet in the entire house with a hanging rod; but since then Daniel has installed ClosetMaid closet systems in the other two closets.

In those closets, I store our pantry items, linens, and various other items. However, with the closet system we’re using, there would have been a lot of dead space. Now that would be a shame, so…

closet-space-2-1.jpg

I picked up some hanging closet organizers at CVS, and am using those to store our table linens in. This utilizes a good bit of space, and also keeps our tablecloths and napkins easily accessible.

closet-space-1.jpg

Since our closet didn’t have any lighting in it, I also picked up a fun little stick-up bulb at CVS, too (both for “free,” of course! :) ) !

closetlight.jpg

Source

5 comments:

Daniel & Keren Threlfall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniel & Keren Threlfall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rusguide said...

Are you the Author? If so, plz excuse me and let me keep this post here, taking into account the link to the Source.

Daniel & Keren Threlfall said...

Yes; thanks for putting the source there. sorry I didn't notice it at first.

Thanks, again.

rusguide said...

Oh, it was my mistake, I should have asked first ))

Construction Technology Videos